Make your yard into a Clean Air Hero.
Apply to host one of West Central Airshed’s air quality monitoring sites. WCAS has partnered with Environment and Climate Change Canada to provide one purple air monitor to the following 10 municipal areas:
- Fort Assiniboine
- Seba Beach
- Swan Hills
If you live in one of these areas, you are eligible to apply to make YOUR yard into the next air quality monitoring site.
What does this mean?
- You provide the WIFI and electrical connection, we provide the Purple Air.
- This will monitor fine particulate in the air, including PM2.5.
- You can see real-time data of your monitor on the Purple Air worldwide map.
- West Central Airshed Society will use this data to help inform our understanding of air quality in your area.
- Monitors are about the size of a large coffee mug.
The Fine Print
- The wifi signal should be a 2.4Ghz signal
- If not a private residence, the wifi must be password protected and not an open network that needs authentication via a webpage
- Electrical outlet for the monitor must be within 15 feet of the device
- The purple air device uses about 5-10 watts of electricity (low power consumption)
- West Central Airshed Society will contact all applicants after June 3, 2021
- If your home is selected, we will be in touch to confirm a good time for a West Central Airshed Society will send a technician to do the installation
- The monitor remains the property of West Central Airshed Society, but you get the benefit of knowing the status of fine particulate matter right outside your home, in real time!